Sparrow Early Learning Stones Corner
Part-time Position (Monday – Friday 8am to 2pm)
We are looking for someone who:
- Values the importance of children’s health and nutrition
- Has a vibrant energy and is an uplifting team player.
- Is looking for a fun and meaningful career.
About the Role:
As a Centre Kitchenhand you will be required to prepare food for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for all of the children within the centre. You will also be responsible for meal plating, service and routine cleaning as well as ensuring the safe and hygienic preparation of all foods within our kitchen.
Our childcare service at Stones Corner aims to complement the care children receive at home providing professional and caring attention in an environment that is stimulating, creative, loving, supportive, challenging and most importantly, safe. Our programs are developmentally based to meet the needs of each individual child and build on their interests, strengths and emerging abilities. Our centre is located close to public transport and local cafes.
What you’ll need:
- Hospitality or Kitchenhand Experience highly regarded.
- Food Handling Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current & Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR certificates including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
The Sparrow Benefits:
- Financial Satisfaction: We pay above Award rate.
- Generous incentives: 95% Childcare Discount for all staff, Paid Birthday leave, access to rewarding Referral Programs.
- Continuous Learning: We’ re here to help you thrive. Your satisfaction and progression is our priority. Expand your knowledge at any time through The Learning Studio, our online learning platform.
- Recognition: We reward for outstanding efforts with our monthly National and Service based recognition programs
- Support: You’ll received support from within the Service as well as from the state leadership team and the National Support Office.
- Culture: We love Team Building Celebrations! Sparrow is more than a workplace. When joining Sparrow, you will become part of the family. We nurture a warm and inclusive culture where everybody feels valued and finds joy in coming to work each day.
At Sparrow Early Learning we are a professional early childhood education team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, rituals, and experiences.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process. Apply Online NOW!!!
At Sparrow, we are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment.