Looking for a great new start?
Are you ready for an amazing career opportunity?
Sparrow Early Learning is looking for a Food Preparation Cook to join the newest addition to our Sparrow family. Located in Ashgrove, our brand-new state-of-the-art Service is under construction and nearing completion! The Service will consist of 6 studios, 92 licensed places, separate programming room, staff retreat area and stunning outdoor playscapes with views over Brisbane CBD and beyond.
This location is perfect for our team and families with access to gym, Pilates, medical and great food selections in walking distance and public transport right at the door.
At Sparrow Early Learning we value the importance of children’s health and nutrition. We are seeking a Cook who shares these values, who enjoys cooking with children and can share their knowledge of nutrition.
You will be required to plan and display, in consultation with the Service Manager, a menu for all children which is nutritional, well balanced, suited to the dietary needs of the children, incorporating a variety of cultural backgrounds and is reflective of our policy on health and nutrition.
To be considered for this role you will be required to have the following:
- Food Handling Certificate or Food Supervisor Certificate
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
- CPR including Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- Working with Children Check
- Previous experience cooking in childcare services will be highly regarded
- Certificate III in Children’s Services would also be an advantage
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare and cook all meals fresh daily
- Work within our philosophy
- Support the Services’ nutritional and kitchen hygiene policies
- Interact with children, educators and families in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner
- Order, plan and prepare nutritional and wholesome food for children
- You will maintain an organised safe, hygienic environment at all times
- Adapt planned menus to cater for children with allergies, dietary and cultural preferences/requirements
- Be organised and manage time effectively
In becoming the successful applicant, you will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Up to 95% Childcare Discount
- Well-resourced kitchen
- Mentor and network opportunities within the Sparrow community to draw support and inspiration from
- Professional Uniforms with varied options to select from
- Ongoing supportive management structure that values their people
- National and Service based recognition programs
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about cooking and is looking to commit to a long-term role. If you have experience cooking for children aged 0 to 5 years in a Childcare Centre, this could be the ideal role for you!
To express your interest in joining our team please email a cover letter and resume addressing the above selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sparrow Early Learning, Where Young Minds Take Flight.