Sparrow Early Learning Alkimos is currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Food Preparation Cook to join our team on a part-time basis.
We value the importance of children’s health and nutrition. We are seeking a Cook who shares these values, who enjoys cooking with children and can share their knowledge of nutrition.
You will be required to plan and display, in consultation with the Service Manager, a menu for all children which is nutritional, well balanced, suited to the dietary needs of the children, incorporating a variety of cultural backgrounds and is reflective of our policy on health and nutrition.
To be considered for this role you will be required to have the following:
- Food Handling Certificate and Food Supervisor Certificate
- Senior First Aid and CPR certificates
- CPR including Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- Working with Children Check
- Mandatory Reporting (Current)
- Previous experience cooking in childcare services will be highly regarded
- Certificate III or Diploma in Children’s Services would also be highly regarded
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare and cook all meals fresh daily
- Work within our philosophy
- Support the Services’ nutritional and kitchen hygiene policies
Interact with children, educators and families in a positive, sensitive and respectful manner
- Order, plan and prepare nutritional and wholesome food for children
- You will maintain an organised safe, hygienic environment at all times
- Adapt planned menus to cater for children with allergies, dietary and cultural preferences
- Be organised and manage time effectively
In becoming the successful applicant, you will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration package
- 95% Childcare Discount
- Birthday Leave Day
- Well-resourced kitchen
- Mentor and network opportunities within the Sparrow community to draw support and inspiration from
- Professional Uniforms with varied options to select from
- Ongoing supportive management structure that values their people
- National and Service based recognition programs
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about cooking and is looking to commit to a long-term role. If you have experience cooking for children aged 0 to 5 years in a Childcare Centre, this could be the ideal role for you!
Please submit your application online or email email@example.com to apply.