Sparrow Early Learning Greenwood
Part-time Position (required Monday to Friday)
We are looking for someone who:
- Values the importance of children’s health and nutrition
- Has a vibrant energy and is an uplifting team player.
- Is looking for a fun and meaningful career.
About the Role:
As a Cook you will be required to plan and prepare, in consultation with the Service Manager, a menu for all children which is nutritional, well balanced and suited to the dietary needs of the children. Our menu’s incorporate a variety of cultural backgrounds and are reflective of nutritional and allergy guidelines, allowing young bodies to thrive both mentally and physically.
At Sparrow Early Learning Greenwood we pride ourselves on the amazing relationships we build with families, always encouraging their input and to become more involved within the centre and community. We wish to inspire and extend on each child’s learning and help prepare them for the transition to school and life .
What you’ll need:
- Food Handling Certificate and Food Supervisor Certificate
- Certificate III or Diploma in Children’s Services would also be highly regarded
- Current & Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR certificates including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Experience in Menu planning, budgeting, stock ordering & control
- Experience in dietary and allergy safe requirements.
- Previous experience cooking in childcare services will be highly regarded
The Sparrow Benefits:
- Financial Satisfaction: We pay above Award rate.
- Generous incentives: 95% Childcare Discount for all staff, Paid Birthday leave, access to rewarding Referral Programs.
- Continuous Learning: We’ re here to help you thrive. Your satisfaction and progression is our priority. Expand your knowledge at any time through The Learning Studio, our online learning platform.
- Recognition: We reward for outstanding efforts with our monthly National and Service based recognition programs
- Support: You’ll received support from within the Service as well as from the state leadership team and the National Support Office.
- Culture: We love Team Building Celebrations! Sparrow is more than a workplace. When joining Sparrow, you will become part of the family. We nurture a warm and inclusive culture where everybody feels valued and finds joy in coming to work each day.
At Sparrow Early Learning we are a professional early childhood education team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, rituals, and experiences.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
At Sparrow, we are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment.