Early Childhood Teacher
Sparrow Early Learning Alkimos
We are looking for an ECT who has:
- a true passion for Early Childhood Education & Care
- critical thinking about the Early Years Learning Frameworks
- strong documentation and administrative skills
- an understanding of the National Quality Standard relating to Educational Program and Practice
About the Roles:
As an Early Childhood Teacher, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the funded kindergarten programs within a long day care setting. This role involves working in partnership with the leadership team to plan a rich and diverse educational program including community excursions and in-house incursions and programs.
At Sparrow Alkimos, we have a fantastic, purpose-built centre with four very spacious rooms, with beautiful resources for the children to interact with. Our centre is licensed for 72 children per day. We have wonderful natural outdoor play spaces, including a water play area, a veggie patch, sand play areas for the children to crawl, walk and run on and a small forest of trees to explore in. Our team is dedicated to providing a safe, friendly environment that nurtures your child’s social and educational development.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Education (in Early Childhood Education) and TRBWA Registration
- High-level knowledge & understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards,
- Current & Valid Working with Children check
- First Aid and CPR certificates including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Experience working with children with a range of abilities and interests
The Sparrow Benefits:
- Financial Satisfaction: We pay above Award rate.
- Generous incentives: 95% Childcare Discount for all staff, Paid Birthday leave, 6 weeks Annual Leave, access to rewarding Referral Programs.
- Continuous Learning: We’ re here to help you thrive. Your satisfaction and progression is our priority. Expand your knowledge at any time through The Learning Studio, our online learning platform.
- Recognition: We reward for outstanding efforts with our monthly National and Service based recognition programs
- Support: You’ll receive generous planning time and support from within the Service as well as from the state leadership team and the National Support Office. Education and Practice Consultant Support.
- Culture: We love Team Building Celebrations! Sparrow is more than a workplace. When joining Sparrow, you will become part of the family. We nurture a warm and inclusive culture where everybody feels valued and finds joy in coming to work each day.
At Sparrow Early Learning we are a professional early childhood education team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, rituals, and experiences.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
At Sparrow, we are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment.