Somerville Childcare and Kindergarten located in Somerville is currently seeking a Bachelor trained Early Childhood Teacher to join our team.
At Somerville Childcare and Kindergarten we are a professional early childhood educational team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. We value each child, our families, and the community we are part of. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, our rituals, and experiences.
Do you possess these qualities?
- positive, enthusiastic and upbeat
- flexible, energetic and committed
- focused, driven and passionate
- caring, responsive and intuitive
- experienced and professional whilst maintaining a fun sense of humour
Are you ready to be part of a team that consistently strives to be the best they can be?
A team that focuses on continuous improvement and believes in the professional growth of you and your fellow team members?
Are you ready to feel valued and supported?
In becoming the successful Early Childhood Teacher you will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration package
- 6 weeks paid Leave
- Up to 95% Childcare Discount
- Paid programming time
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Professional Uniforms with varied options to select from
- Well-resourced service
- Supportive management structure
- National and Service based recognition programs
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies) or a Recognised ACECQA Early Childhood Teacher qualification or Working Towards (over 50% completion)
- VIT registration VIC Only (Provisional or Full Registration)
- Senior First Aid and CPR certificates
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Reggio Emilia Experience would be highly regarded
- Mandatory Reporting (Current)
- Food Handling Certificate
- Thorough understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), the National Quality Standards (NQS) and Victorian Early Years Learning Framework (VEYLF)
If you are excited about our vision and values and dedicated to preparing children for lifelong learning, then this is the role for you.
All applications must include a full resume and covering letter addressing the above selection criteria and suitable applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org