Welcome to Sparrow Early Learning, where children are given the care and creative freedom they need to explore their world and begin a lifetime love of learning.
We are passionate about early childhood education and its positive impact on the children we care for, the families who trust us, and the community we are a part of. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia-inspired environments, our rituals, and experiences.
We are committed to the lifelong learning of both our children and our team. We acknowledge, recognise, and believe in our people. You will be valued, supported, and inspired by your team.
We have 60 centres located across Queensland, Victoria and West Australia.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Officer to gain experience processing payroll for 1,500 employees Australia wide, whilst gaining exposure to project work and multiple software programs.
*Please note: 6 month contract (part-time 2-3 days a week)*
- End-to-end processing of weekly and fortnightly pay runs in accordance with instructions, agreed expectations and best practice;
- Perform full function payroll tasks including on-boarding, variations/transfers, increment increases, offboarding and reporting;
- Ability to interpret Awards (Children’s Services Award and Educational Services (Teachers) Award) and employment law correctly;
- Provide exceptional customer service to our services and timely resolution of their payroll enquiries;
- Assist in the management of Workcover claims;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and exceptional attention to detail; and
- Provide support to the wider team as required.
- Previous experience processing end-to-end full function payroll;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High level of attention to detail and deadline-driven;
- Experience in interpreting legislation, Awards, and policies;
- Experience with Micropay, Time Target or ConnX is desirable;
- Advanced computer skills (Strong Microsoft Excel experience is essential);
- Ability to think independently and solve payroll queries; and
- Passion for what you do and the important role that you play in the business.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please click the ‘Apply for this job’ button or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please outline in your cover letter why the opportunity appeals to you and how you have demonstrated the key requirements.