Second in Charge / 2IC
Sparrow Early Learning Greenwood
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for Early Childhood Education & Care
- Has a vibrant energy and is an uplifting team player.
- Is a highly motivated, passionate and inspiring leader
About the Role:
As a 2IC you will Support the Service Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of the Service in line with company policies and procedures, meeting compliance and operation targets. You will model creativity and innovation, motivate, and lead a team of Educators to create a positive and fun working space. You will also maintain excellent relationships with families, children and team members.
At Sparrow Early Learning Greenwood we pride ourselves on the amazing relationships we build with families, always encouraging their input and to become more involved within the centre and community. We wish to inspire and extend on each child’s learning and help prepare them for the transition to school and life
What you’ll need:
- Cert III or Diploma in Children’s Services
- Minimum 1 years experience in a current ELC Second in Charge role
- Strong knowledge & understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards,
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR certificates including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training..
- Confidence when communicating with all levels of management.
- A strong ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive culture within our service
The Sparrow Benefits:
- Financial Satisfaction: We pay above Award rate.
- Generous incentives: 95% Childcare Discount for all staff, Paid Birthday leave, access to rewarding Referral Programs. Annual Managers Retreat.
- Continuous Learning: We’ re here to help you thrive. Your satisfaction and progression is our priority. Expand your knowledge at any time through The Learning Studio, our online learning platform.
- Recognition: We reward for outstanding efforts with our monthly National and Service based recognition programs
- Support: You’ll received support from within the Service as well as from the state leadership team and the National Support Office. Close-knit regional support with only 6 other Services in your cluster. Regular Mentor Group Support Meetings and Cluster Network Meetings. Education and Practice Consultant Support
- Culture: We love Team Building Celebrations! Sparrow is more than a workplace. When joining Sparrow, you will become part of the family. We nurture a warm and inclusive culture where everybody feels valued and finds joy in coming to work each day. Education and Practice Consultant Support
At Sparrow Early Learning we are a professional early childhood education team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, rituals, and experiences.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
At Sparrow, we are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment.