Sparrow Early Learning Waterford Rise
Casual Position (Monday to Friday availability)
We are looking for someone who:
- Values the importance of children’s health and nutrition
- Has a vibrant energy and is an uplifting team player.
- Is looking for a fun and meaningful career.
About the Role:
As a Kitchenhand, you will work alongside our dedicated Cook and will be required to ensure the serving of prepared meals is completed in line with the strictest of food safety standards. Our menus are nutritional, well balanced and suited to the dietary needs of the children. The incorporate a variety of cultural backgrounds and are reflective of our policy on health and nutrition. You will interact and build relationships with children, educators and families, be organised and manage time effectively.
Sparrow Early Learning Waterford Rise is a large but warm and homely centre located in Warragul. We pride ourselves on the amazing relationships we build with families and our long-standing team
What you’ll need:
- Food Handling Certificate
- Current & Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR certificates including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Experience in dietary and allergy safe requirements.
- Previous experience in food preparation in a childcare service will be highly regarded.
The Sparrow Benefits:
- Financial Satisfaction: We pay above Award rate.
- Generous incentives: 95% Childcare Discount for all staff, Paid Birthday leave, access to rewarding Referral Programs.
- Continuous Learning: We’ re here to help you thrive. Your satisfaction and progression is our priority. Expand your knowledge at any time through The Learning Studio, our online learning platform.
- Recognition: We reward for outstanding efforts with our monthly National and Service based recognition programs
- Support: You’ll received support from within the Service as well as from the state leadership team and the National Support Office.
- Culture: We love Team Building Celebrations! Sparrow is more than a workplace. When joining Sparrow, you will become part of the family. We nurture a warm and inclusive culture where everybody feels valued and finds joy in coming to work each day.
At Sparrow Early Learning we are a professional early childhood education team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, rituals, and experiences.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
At Sparrow, we are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment.