Sparrow Early Learning Somerville & Somerville Cottage
At Sparrow Early Learning we are a professional early childhood education team dedicated to creating quality, child-led learning programs where children feel valued and safe. Our guiding principles are to Inspire, Nurture and Grow. We adopt a holistic approach to children’s learning through our Reggio Emilia inspired environments, rituals, and experiences.
We are looking for Educators who:
- Have a true passion for Early Childhood Education & Care
- Have a vibrant energy and is an uplifting team player.
- Are looking for an enjoyable and meaningful career.
About the Role:
As an Educator you will create and maintain fun, safe, engaging, and inviting learning environments as well as maintain excellent relationships with families, children and other team members. You will be required to record children’s progress, routines and interests as well as ensure compliance with routines, policies, processes, and practices.
We have two wonderful centres located in Somerville. Both boasting long standing educators and family atmospheres. Our relationships with families and children is of utmost importance to us and we strive to support our families and children to feel part of our Sparrow family.
What you’ll need:
- Have a Certificate III in Childhood Education & Care and working towards Diploma in Childhood Education & Care
- Strong knowledge & understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards,
- Current VIC Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR certificates including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
The Sparrow Benefits:
- Financial Satisfaction: We pay above Award rate.
- Generous incentives: 95% Childcare Discount for all staff, Paid Birthday leave, access to rewarding Referral Programs.
- Continuous Learning: We’ re here to help you thrive. Your satisfaction and progression is our priority. Expand your knowledge at any time through The Learning Studio, our online learning platform.
- Recognition: We reward for outstanding efforts with our monthly National and Service based recognition programs
- Support: You’ll received support from within the Service as well as from the state leadership team and the National Support Office.
- Culture: We are more than a workplace. When joining Sparrow, you will become part of the family. We nurture a warm and inclusive culture where everybody feels valued and finds joy in coming to work each day.
We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
At Sparrow, we are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment.
Please submit your application online or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org