At Sparrow Early Learning we appreciate and understand that every child is unique. It is our commitment to children to prepare them for life. The characteristics we hope to inspire in the children are ones that not only equip them for success now but also prepare them to become competent, kind and resilient in all areas of their lives.
Our Infant studios are designed to be a home away from home. Our passionate educators focus on creating meaningful relationships based on trust, care, and respect for your child. In our infant studios, we value these precious years, following your child’s cues, our team create a supportive and thoughtful play-based program where each child feels secure, autonomous, competent, and cared for.
Sparrow Infant Ethos includes:
- Our educators focus on developing trusting relationships, that are nurturing, loving, and kind.
- Our engaging indoor and outdoor learning environments support infants to thrive and grow.
- Our educational program is developed by our team to support your child individually. It contributes directly to children’s sense of autonomy and independence, their exploration, interests and relationships through the use of fun and interactive resources and play spaces.
- Our Educators support each child’s individual routines to develop meaningful rituals as a platform for learning.
- Our team members are mentored through Sparrow to be aware, and responsive to each child’s verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Infants are given the space and time to master their own skills, and to learn and grow in a positive and encouraging environment.
- Educators continuously communicate intentions and outcomes to children, to foster their feelings of trust and independence.
- Our sleep spaces focus on positive sleep practices, all our educators complete training that focuses on safe sleep practices.
- Nutritious meals and snacks are provided in a social, responsive, pleasurable, safe, and educative environment.
Our Toddler studios are purposefully designed to meet the needs of children between 14 months and 3 years old. At this age, we focus on strengthening the genuine and meaningful relationships we have developed with them to ensure they feel happy and supported throughout their early learning experiences. We also encourage more outdoor play and freedom of choice for children of this age while maintaining meaningful rituals and routines to help them prepare for the next stage of learning.
In all our Kindergarten studios, a thoughtfully planned program is developed by the Early Childhood Teacher and Educators that engages and builds upon the children’s current knowledge, needs and interests.
The team consider children’s experiences and backgrounds to ensure the program is targeted to meet the individual needs and interests of the children in the group. The program emphasises the importance of play-based learning. Evidence-based research shows that play-based learning enhances children’s academic and developmental learning outcomes. It can also set your child up for success by developing relevant skills through play.
Intentional teaching in small groups supports children’s learning. It involves active engagement in the learning environment between the child and the educator. Educators are ‘in tune’ with children through shared sustained conversations and intentional teaching. The program focuses on open-ended learning experiences using purposeful, high-quality learning resources designed to teach valuable skills, including numeracy and literacy, as well as vital social and emotional skills through quality meaningful play, relationships and interactions.
Your child’s learning and curiosity will be encouraged through experiences and activities, such as exploring the natural world, being exposed to new ideas and solving problems.
We welcome you and your family to your nearest Sparrow Early Learning Service and invite you to join us for a play and an opportunity to explore the Sparrow difference! Click here to find your nearest service!